Cypress Hills Business Partners and Logistics Advisory Council
CHLDC seeks to partner with community-friendly businesses in support of our shared vision for expanding economic opportunity in Cypress Hills / East New York.
For businesses in the Logistics sector, we target our quarterly meetings toward providing insight on trends and needs in the logistics, warehousing, and transportation sectors.
In these partnerships, CHLDC will:
- Provide opportunity for positive publicity for the business partner including: an annual certificate for posting, a link on our website, listing in our workforce offices, recognition in our workforce print media, and recognition in our social media.
- Develop a good understanding of the workforce needs of the business partner.
- Screen, train, and prepare candidates to fill employment vacancies where possible.
- Provide monthly support for one year to referred and hired employees to work toward higher performance and promotion.
- Seek funding for paid internships or wage subsidy programs in order to help cut the cost and lower the risk related to hiring.
- Reimburse the business for the cost of any failed background check or drug screen.
- Link the business with a range of needed business support services through our business-serving partners.
And in return, the Business Partner will:
- Notify CHLDC of all open employment positions.
- Interview referrals from CHLDC if they meet the qualifications for the position.
- Complete an annual survey indicating how many community members they hired in the year and what percentage of their current workforce resides in the community.
- In the case of employees hired from CHLDC, the business will share employment retention and promotion data as requested.
- Attend a business forum two times a year to learn about vending/contracting opportunities with Cypress Hills, updated business services, and provide feedback to CHLDC.
- Affirm a commitment to ethical and legal business practices.
If you are a local business in logistics or another field, interested in forming such a partnership with CHLDC, please contact Lowell Hershberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 676-1544.